What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is a cannabinoid that occurs naturally, and it is also a constituent of cannabis. Discovered in the early 1940’s cannabidiol was not thought to have pharmaceutical uses. Consumers of medical marijuana have notably used cannabis oils- the most commonly used is CBD oil.
CBD is consumed into the body in many ways; they include:
- Inhalation of cannabis smoke or vapor.
- It can be used as an aerosol spray where the consumer sprays the cheek.
- Consumers can put the CBD oil into the mouth directly.
CBD is consumed in various forms by different people with different aims; these forms are as follows;
- A full-plant CBD-dominant oil extract
- It can be dried cannabis
- As a liquid prescription solution
Effects of CBD-Does it makes one high?
People suffering from chronic conditions use CBD to get pain relief.
A question asked by most individuals is “does one get high when they use cannabinol?”
Unlike marijuana which makes one feel “high,” CBD does not; this is because CBD is 100% non-psychoactive which means that it does not alter the mind or mental processes of a person.
The component in cannabis that is responsible for getting one high is called THC content. Moreover, combinations of high-CBD and low amounts of THC makes the product non-psychoactive.
Medical benefits of CBD
CBD is known to have medical benefits that help patients facing medical problems to heal. Some of the benefits are listed below.
Patients can combat
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Inflammation and pain
- Post-traumatic disorder (PTSD) and anxiety
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Opioid withdrawal
Do CBD gummies get you high
Below is a breakdown of how CBD edibles are consumed and absorbed in the body.
When someone consumes sublingual CBD products, i.e., gummies, tinctures, hard candies, etc., the components of CBD are directly absorbed into the bloodstream through tissues in the mouth. These products do not have to wait for digestion that takes place in the stomach. The fastness of absorption varies on the part of the mouth, i.e., gummies placed under the tongue will be absorbed faster.
- CBD can also be absorbed into the bloodstream through absorption from the liver and the small intestines.
- Some foods require to be processed in the liver before making it into the bloodstream. They include; cookies, pills or snacks.
- Fat cells containing CBD or other nutrients are absorbed into the bloodstream and carried into the brain. This causes a head high.
The process may take several hours to take effect, i.e. 2 hours after that the effects remain in the blood stream depending on the factors listed below:
- An individual’s metabolic rate
- The tolerance level of the individual
- Food/drug interaction
Does CBD liquid get you high?
- Liquid CBD mostly comes in oils. CBD oil can be made from either marijuana or hemp. When extracted from industrial hemp only 0.3% of THC level is present in the mix which means one cannot get high.
- Once CBD is present in a human body system, it affects some receptors. CBD indirectly influences receptors hence increasing levels of endocannabinoids produced by your body.
- Consumption of CBD gives a result described by many as a wave of relief or relaxation that is felt in the whole body.
- CBD is found in high quantities in marijuana than hemp. CBD oil cannot make one high since it is made from hemp.
Does CBD make you feel good?
If you have asked yourself the feeling one gets from using CBD, then the content here may be of help to you. CBD has varying effects on an individual.
CBD has extreme healing properties. After consuming liquid CBD, it may take up to an hour to get the effects. For individuals who want to reduce pain or inflammation, the effects that are present include:
- A feeling of relieve
- Calmness and relaxed state
- Ease of pain
- A state of comfortability
Research indicates that cannabidiol may reduce the effects of THC (especially reducing intoxication and sedation). Other side effects include:
- It can cause tiredness.
- Change in appetite.
- Sleepiness while others may experience poor quality sleep.
CBD is capable of eliminating whatever that is plaguing you and allows your body and mind to return to happy and healthy homeostasis.
Does vaping CBD get you high
Cannabidiol or CBD is a compound found in the cannabis plant. Vape products that contain CBD which has been derived from either marijuana or hemp do not affect and are often legal in the United States.
The side effects of vaping are determined by where CBD has been derived from, i.e.
- hemp or
CBD naturally occurs in both hemp and marijuana; the difference comes between the levels of THC present in the products. While THC present in hemp is relatively low, it is high in a marijuana product.
Vape products that contain CBD derived from hemp are characterized by non-psychoactive effects and are legal. Vape products that contain CBD derived from marijuana are psychoactive (this means that an individual will get high) are illegal in most parts of the US apart from those that allow the use of marijuana for recreational purposes.
Most vape products will not create a high. However, CBD vape has some effects: CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system which is having a significant impact on homeostasis (balance of body and cells amidst external changes). You need a balanced endocrine-cannabinoid system to enjoy various therapeutic benefits.
Do CBD Pens Get You High?
How do vape pens work? A vape pen looks exactly likely a pen, but it has a mouthpiece and is power controlled to produce heat that turns the liquid into vapor.
- When power is turned on, the cannabis oils, herbs or wax heat to produce a vapor that is inhaled through the mouthpiece.
- Vape pens work by heating the liquid material to the point of producing vapor but not burning. This means that no fire, flame, or smoke will be seen.
- Vape pen is designed in high technology, and they are comprised of four elements: a tank, an atomizer, a sensor(software) and a battery. While the container holds the liquid, the atomizer is a little heater.
- The atomizer is responsible for heating elements to produce vapor. Some vape pens naturally turn on when a user inhales through the mouthpiece, while others have to be turned on. All this is possible due to the presence of sensors in the vape pen.
Finally, vape pens have rechargeable batteries that provide current to the heater for the whole device to work. Research indicates that the use of a vape pen still has no ‘high’ effects on an individual. Jenna Beckerman, a botanist, and pathologist at Purdue University say that a person is likely to get a severe headache after using industrial vape before they got high.
How Long Does It Take for CBD To Kick In?
It may take up to an hour for the effects of CBD to manifest after ingestion. It is important to note that CBD products that are derived from hemp plants do not have similar effects of THC and it does not alter an individual’s state of mind.
However, certain factors determine how long CBD takes to work after consumption. They include; concentration of CBD and dosage. Also, the way the substance has been induced determines the effects.
When CBD is inhaled in the form of vapor, the compound is delivered into the body at a faster rate. The reason behind this is because the CBD enters into the bloodstream through the lungs. This makes it present in the blood in 5 to 10 minutes.
CBD can also be taken through the mouth or under the tongue. The effects are felt in a fast manner. This is because the compounds are absorbed into the bloodstream through mucous membranes present in the mouth.
When CBD products are taken in the form of food supplements, they are digested with the food. Many people prefer this method of consumption since it does not have side effects like headaches.
However, taking CBD through food supplements or as pills is likely to take longer for the effects to be felt. In many cases, the consequences may be felt after an hour or so. When in an empty stomach, effects manifest faster, i.e., 20 minutes or so.
CBD comes in oil products in the form of topical lotions, creams, and ointments. The oil is rubbed on the skin and absorbed directly by cells underneath the skin.
Individuals use this method to ease anti-inflammatory effects. The effects may take a longer time to manifest since CBD is absorbed slowly through the skin.
What are the aspects to consider when dosing CBD products?
- Individuals may want to get the effects of CBD oil immediately; hence they consume large quantities of the product.
- It is important, to begin with, low dosage and gradually increase to a high dosage to minimize any side effects that come with high ingestion of CBD products.
- Dosage for CBD oil will depend on your body weight, a method of ingestion and the level of tolerance in the product.
- It is important to know that very high doses of CBD oil can make one feel sedated or fatigued.
- It is also good to time your doses for maximum enjoyment of effects after you have taken CBD.
Will smoking CBD get me high?
You may have wondered if smoking CBD can make you get high, below is a detailed explanation to answer your question.
One of the ways to consume CBD is through smoking. The product can be applied to an ‘oil rig’ to medicate an individual. This device is used similarly as a traditional water pipe or new bongs.
It uses a heated element, i.e., titanium or quartz to heat CBD oil to produce vapor. The oil turned into vapor and channeled through a water filtration for cooling purposes then it is inhaled by a user in significant concentration. The smoke is expansive in the lungs and cough-inducing.
CBD product can also be inducted into the body by placing it on top of a bowl of cannabis flowers. The CBD oil melts due to the presence of heat and a flammable crust.
Individuals then snuff the vapor to get the effects of CBD. This method is similar to that of using vape pens to induce CBD products.
Pros of smoking CBD
- It is the fastest acting method of medication.
- The user easily manages doses of CBD oil
- Without cannabinoids in the body, exposure to THC smoke can bring psychoactive effects that many users try to avoid.
- One may have a heavy cough since smoking agitates the throat and lungs.
In summary smoking, CBD products will have a ‘high’ feeling if an individual induces the product with THC present in it.
Can CBD weed get you high?
Many people often ask if CBD cannabis can get one high. The answer is that CBD cannot get you high.
CBD is part of the cannabis plant that has two components THC and CBD present in it. The THC component is responsible for the high efficiency. CBD, on the other hand, is non-psychoactive meaning that it does not have high energy.
However, if you smoke weed strain with more THC component, you are likely to get high compared to when you use it with a high CBD component.
Strains with high CBD deliver clear-headed, functional effects without the euphoric effect of high. Such strains are mostly used by consumers who are sensitive to side effects of THC (anxiety, dizziness, and paranoia)
The above content can enlighten an individual seeking to gather information on whether CBD can make one get high. To sum it up, CBD lacks components that bring a high feeling. Most individuals prefer CBD since it brings effects without necessarily interfering with the way the brain works.
Dr. Jack Barnes
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!