Kratom powder is the most popular method by far when it comes to using it. Why is that? First of all, it is very comfortable for the vendors to sell it and almost all Kratom is sold in powder form. This is because, if transporting leaves they may rot or dry out (like all normal leaves) that will lead to them losing their potency and value. Another reason why it is the most popular method of using it is the fact that it is the easiest way to measure it. This makes it easy both for the vendors (who know how much they sell) and the users (who know how much to use). Also, Kratom powder is used for a wide range of thing such as:
- Creating mixtures of various strains
- Creating solutions, capsules, tinctures, resign, extracts, etc.
- Adding to food or drinks
So powder is the greatest most practical and popular form of Kratom by far. Like every other form it has its pros and cons:
- Can create mixtures, capsules, etc. (as noted above)
- Easy to measure
- Easy and reliable to transport
- Very potent
- Quite cheap
- Maybe a bit less potent than the leaf
- Artists can sell you bad Kratom to rip you off
If taking the cons into account, you need to have a good vendor so to be sure that you buy good quality stuff.
What is the difference between Kratom leaf and powder?
It can’t be said that leaf and powder have a lot of differences. The powder is just dry, cropped leaf, so it must be said that if talking about potency and effects, leaves do not differ as much from powder as you would think they do; powder may be less potent, or maybe not, depends on the vendor, preparation technologies, and transportation conditions. So technically speaking, the only differences are the one stated above: transportation issues, measurement issues, easy to use form. Of course, you would think fresh is better, but not as much as you think.
How to make extract powder?
If you are looking to use or buy powder, then you must know that there are two different “sorts” of powder: plain powder and extract powder. What is the difference between them you will ask? Well, both are powder forms, but extract powder is a more potent form of Kratom powder, as it is created with the help of some techniques and technologies that help release the maximum amount of alkaloid is the strain you use. Technically, a certain amount of alkaloid may be inactive in your powder, so when making a powder extract, you take out all those alkaloids and make them active in the new powder you create, that way you have a more potent product.
You may buy extract powder, but if you want to save money, you can make your powder extract as it is a quite simple and straightforward method:
The ingredients you need are:
- 200 grams of Kratom powder
- 16 fl. oz. of water
- One lemon
- A muslin cloth
The preparation is not extremely difficult as well:
- Firstly you shall pour water in a bowl and put the powder or dried leaves in it and mix it, so it gets mixed with water and doesn’t stick to the metal bowl so not to burn. After the powder has dissolved in cold water completely, you must add lemon juice so that the alkaloids can be extracted easier and in larger quantities.
- After that, you must put the mixture on maximum heat and wait until it starts to boil, after that you must lower the heat to minimum and let it boil for 20-30 minutes. At this point, you must proceed with straining the boiled mixture. Just strain it into a large bowl through the muslin cloth.
- Leave the liquid as it is and put the strained powder to boil one more time, adding the other half of the lemon juice. This will help you extract the rest of the alkaloids in the powder. The procedure of boiling must be the same as the first one. After that, you must mix the liquid you have from this boil with the liquid from the previous boil. Put it on heat again and boil it until it becomes of a constancy that looks like chocolate syrup, or soy sauce.
- At last, put it in a large plate and let it chill. After that scrape it from the plate and put it in a coffee grinder and ground it into powder, but note that it must be dehydrated before grinding, or else you won’t get any powder.
So it’s as simple as that. After you have created your powder you must always measure it before taking is so you know you will get the right dose and avoid unwanted side-effects. For that, you can take the same doses as you take your regular powder (from 5-15gr, but no more than 17-20gr), but be aware that this powder is now more potent and will have a stronger effect in these doses.
Effects, side-effects, right doses.
The effects are the same as the powder effect, but stronger in the same doses, or the same in lower doses; take as much as you can handle.
The right doses are 5-7gr for newbies and up to 15-17gr (no more than 20gr) for experienced users, but always be careful with the doses as you may experience unwanted side-effects such as:
- Elevated heartbeat
- Excessive sweating
- A feeling of general unwell-being
- High body temperature
So these are the most common effects you might experience if taking very high doses.
Best deal for Kratom powder.
If you want very potent Kratom powder, but don’t have a lot of money to spend, it is recommended for you to buy plain powder and create an extract powder out of it. You can buy powder from your local vendor if you trust him 100% and know he will sell you quality products; if not is best to order from the internet. If you want to great a good deal for quality Kratom from the internet, always read reviews of different sites; users know best. Also, a very good vendor is the O.P.M.S Kratom industry.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!